Out of an abundance of caution and due to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases, we will continue the visitor protocol that was in place for the 2020-2021 school year.
Visitors and volunteers will not be permitted in buildings until further notice. We will continue to monitor conditions and data provided by the Department of Public Health (DPH), the DeKalb County Board of Health (DBOH) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). It is our sincere hope that conditions will improve, and we will be able to reopen our doors and benefit from the value that our committed volunteers add to our schools and centers.
We appreciate each of our volunteers and community partners. In the interim, we will look for and we invite you to help us identify opportunities for volunteers to support our school community virtually.
What Does This Mean For Kingsley Elementary?
1. First day of school - No parent(s) will be able to walk their students into the building. We will have staff members in the halls to help walk students to class. Please know that our KES staff is ready to help our youngest with this transition.
2. Volunteers - No visitors or volunteers are allowed in the school until the district changes the above guidance.
3. Supply drop off - There will be a supply table set up outside for school supplies. The KES staff will get them to the classroom. In order to make this process work, please make sure supplies are organized as follows:
Condense supplies into as a few bags as possible (supplies must be in a bag/box).
- Label each bag with student name, grade level, and teacher name.
- If any supplies can fit into your child's book bag, this will be helpful.
4. Missed Open House/ Registration - We will serve these families in the Media Center a few at a time. Our registration will be Monday (8/2/2021), Tuesday (8/3/2021), Thursday (8/5/2021) from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM. We do ask for patience for this process. Staff will walk students to their classroom.
5. Dismissal - No parents are allowed inside. Students will exit the building once dismissed. We will make sure your child has their Family ID hangtags available starting Tuesday.
6. Kingsley's After School Program (ASEDP) pick up - Parents will ring the bell at the front door of the school, and someone will be ready to assist you with pickup. Please have your ID ready to show.
Please know we are a team. Together we are going to have a great year. It is important that we take these extra steps for the safety of all our students and staff.