The application process will take place during the months of February-March 2020 to ensure all interested participants have ample time to apply on-line. Please check the District’s website frequently for updates (click here).
In order to prepare for this process, please make sure you have the following documents ready by visiting the Online Application-Registration Process web page (click here).
DURING OPEN ENROLLMENT, PARENTS MAY RECEIVE ASSISTANCE WITH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS AT THE ONLINE REGISTRATION (OLR) OFFICE, THE LOCAL SCHOOL, OR THE DEKALB COUNTY PARENT CENTERS.
Documents Needed for Pre-K Application
Documents are required to be uploaded during the on-line application process and presented during the Enrollment Window – May 5-19, 2020 at your assigned school:
- Proof of birth (Your child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2020)
- Original certified birth certificate, Hospital Record of Live Birth, Green Card, Pink Card or Federal I-94 Card; or child’s passport (Copies of these documents are not accepted).
- Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable)
- Only required if your name is not on the child’s birth certificate.
- Parent/Guardian proof of identification
- Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license, or a valid U.S. passport ID.
- Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency*
- Mortgage or lease/rental agreement in your name, OR an electric, gas, or water bill in your name, cable and phone bills are not acceptable.
*If you are living with someone and you do not have a lease, mortgage or utility bill in your name, you must submit the following: A signed and notarized Affidavit of Residency AND a lease/mortgage statement or utility bill in the name of the person that you are living with AND a form of mail in the name of the child’s guardian showing a matching address to the affidavit.